State and Local Government 11/E Bowman TEST BANK
Test Bank for State and Local Government, 11th Edition, Ann O’M. Bowman, Richard C. Kearney, Carmine P. F. Scavo, ISBN-10: 0357367405, ISBN-13: 9780357367407
Table of Contents
1. State and Local Government: New Directions.
2. Federalism and the States: Sorting Out Roles and Responsibilities.
3. State Constitutions: The Fundamental Rules of State Government.
4. Citizen Participation and Elections: Engaging the Public in Government.
5. Political Parties, Interest Groups and Campaigns: Influencing Public Policy.
6. State Legislatures: The People’s Representatives.
7. Governors: Power, Politics and Executive Leadership.
8. Public Administration: Budgeting and Service Delivery.
9. The Judiciary: Independence vs. Accountability.
10. Local Government: Types and Functions.
11. Local Leadership and Governance: Continuity and Change.
12. State & Local Relations: Fifty Different Systems.
13. Taxing and Spending: Where the Money Comes from and Where it Goes.
14. Economic Development: Competing for Growth.
15. Education Policy: Reading, Writing and Reform.
16. Criminal Justice: Cops and Corrections.
17. Social Welfare and Health Care Policy: Addressing Poverty and Sickness.
18. Environmental Policy: Regulation and Innovation.